STEP 1: Turn ON Car Ignition and Then Plug in ELM327 Bluetooth Scan Tool into Cars Port
insert elm327 into car
FIRST Turn ON cars ignition (one position before engine starts). And only then...
Plug ELM327 Bluetooth scanner into cars connector.
STEP 2: Pair ELM327 Bluetooth Device to Phone/Tablet
(NOTE: You only have 60 seconds to pair the Bluetooth scanner from the time you connect it to the car — to the time of entering the Pairing code. If more then 60 second pass — then Pairing code will be rejected and you'll have to plug out the scanner and try again. So have your Bluetooth devices window open, so you can immediately connect as soon as you see ELM327/OBDII/Unknown Device show up.)
Touch Settings » Wireless & Networks » Check the Bluetooth box and go to » Bluetooth Settings.
From here — scan for devices and ELM327 Bluetooth scanner will show up as either: ELM, ELM327, CAN, OBD, etc.
When you're asked for passcode to pair, enter: 6789
If "6789" doesn't work, then try "1234" or "0000".
STEP 3: Launch the OBD App
Launch the OBD app you've downloaded from Google Play store — and connect to ELM327. This is usually done in "Settings" within the App.
android obd app
Example of typical Android OBD app.Happy car scanning!
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- Why choose Autel Maxidiag MD802 Scan Tool Maxidiag Elite MB802
- Autel Maxiscan MS509 Link Error - tips to make it work well
- Solution for MaxiScan MS-509 obdii code scanner problem
- List of Compatible OBD2 and ELM 327 Vehicles Tested (Not Limited to this List)
- How to link mini ELM 327 OBD2 Bluetooth Auto Scanner to Android phone
- Instructions on how to install USB Diagnostic Interface ELM 327 OBD 2 OBDII cable for Audi VW SEAT Volkswagen
- Apps for ELM327 Trouble Code Reader, OBD diagnostic scan tool